In this guide, created by and for freelancers, you will find tips, expert databases, and practical tools for journalists covering gender issues and journalists reporting on other topics interested in improving gender balance in their stories.
💡 Download your guide and learn how to:
- Look for gender balance and representation in your sources to tackle the marginalisation of women and LGBTQ+ people voices.
- Choose your words and images carefully to avoid perpetuating stereotypes.
- Address implicit biases - including your own.
- Avoid being reductive and understand that men, women, transgender people and other identities are not homogenous groups.
- Explore gender and identity angles in your stories
- Report on sexual and gender-based violence
- Report on transgender persons.
As a freelance journalist, you will often work independently or outside of a newsroom. Sharpening your fact-checking and verification skills is vital to protect both you and your stories from mis- and disinformation. Knowing the networks and resources you can turn to for help means you’re not alone in this important fight.
Discover the key elements that have to be taken into account when producing vaccine development stories. Find tips and sources, expert databases, and tools to step up your stories about the ongoing vaccination campaigns and public debate.