Whether it’s to tell an under-covered story or to extend your personal brand, freelance journalists are experimenting with launching their own communities and editorial products from newsletters and podcasts to Slack channels and live-streamed events. But how can you build an audience for your new venture? What tools and tactics can you use to turn your audience into a community that feeds your work?
This webinar will equip you with the know-how to take the next steps in developing an audience and give you ideas for engagement that can be applied throughout your journalism. The training is ideal for freelancers that have an initial idea for a community or editorial product or a running product that can be revamped.
💡 This recorded training covers:
- An introduction to several, easy-to-apply audience development tools and processes
- Ideas to help you identify target audiences
- Best practice online community building techniques to help grow the audience you want
- Innovative ways journalists are involving their audience in their work
- How to measure success and simple ways to set goals and test new ideas for growing your audience.
🖥️. Check the presentation included in this webinar here 👈Watch training session
As a freelance journalist, you will often work independently or outside of a newsroom. Sharpening your fact-checking and verification skills is vital to protect both you and your stories from mis- and disinformation. Knowing the networks and resources you can turn to for help means you’re not alone in this important fight.
Find tips, expert databases, and practical tools for journalists covering gender issues and journalists reporting on other topics interested in improving gender balance in their stories. Learn how to explore gender and identity angles in your stories.