Do you have many story ideas but you don’t know what’s the best strategy to pitch them? In this training, Toby Moses, TV editor at the Guardian, teaches you how to write the perfect pitch email to an editor to increase your chances of getting commissioned.
After exploring how to pitch stories for the different article formats, Toby explains how to create and tailor your proposal. Using examples of pitches, the viewers will learn the best practices, the essentials of a great pitch and also the common mistakes and pitfalls.
💡 This recorded training covers:
- Pitch for different article formats: comment pieces, features and news stories
- Turning your idea into a pitch email
- The essentials of a great pitch
- Advice on making your proposal intriguing and persuasive
- Best practice for contacting commissioning editors
- How to sell your idea – and yourself
- Common mistakes and pitfalls to avoid
🖥️. Check the presentation included in this webinar here 👈Watch training session
As a freelance journalist, you will often work independently or outside of a newsroom. Sharpening your fact-checking and verification skills is vital to protect both you and your stories from mis- and disinformation. Knowing the networks and resources you can turn to for help means you’re not alone in this important fight.
Find tips, expert databases, and practical tools for journalists covering gender issues and journalists reporting on other topics interested in improving gender balance in their stories. Learn how to explore gender and identity angles in your stories.