As a freelance journalist, you don't have access to your own marketing department in the same way that most newsrooms do. Fortunately, social media is one of the best ways to help you and your work stand out above the crowd.
In this one-hour webinar, Abigail Edge shares creative ways to create a professional personal brand on social media to show off your strengths and realize your goals. This webinar is suitable for anyone who wants to develop their social media skills, grow their audience and think creatively about their personal brand.
💡 This recorded training covers:
- What is a personal brand?
- Why is social media key to a journalist's personal brand?
- Exercise: Crafting the perfect social media bio.
- Managing your personal brand on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, and TikTok.
- Useful social media tools (e.g. TweetDeck, Buffer, Later, Pablo).
🖥️. Check the presentation included in this webinar here 👈Watch training session
For freelance journalists, the goals, the rate of progress on their targets, how communities and governments are working on them present a wealth of reporting ideas. Specialising in a goal or series of goals could be a new career path.
Charlotte Godart, an investigator for Bellingcat and Eric Reidy a freelance journalist involved in crowdsourcing information for migrant-related stories talk about crowdsourcing stories, what it means and how to go about it.